Monday, December 6, 2010

The Purpose

Skeptivism Blog is the place I will say what I think about Skepticism, Skeptics, the "Skeptical Movement" and its targets and goals.

Like it or not, regular people see the terms Skeptics and Skepticism as negatives, so I will, for the time being, label the activism I promote as Skeptivism (Skeptical Activisim) when it is your regular protest this, denounce that, support another skeptic kind of activity.

I will also note positive skeptical activisim, which is in fact my perference for activism, but I will identify it as such with terms such as Positive Skeptivism, Charitable Skeptivism, or Skeptical Charity. I beleive this is the most effective way of improving the image of skeptics, at least allowing us answer the attack made by many that skeptics never do anything positive and get their jollies y poking hoes in other people's fun.

I enjoy poking holes as much as the next skeptic, but I don't see why, if we're going to be a "movement" we can't have a charitable ar that just does good for the sake of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment